My name is Alexey Pavlov aka JLX. I am a composer, music producer, sound designer, audio engineer and blogger from Hamburg, Germany. My passion for music and composing began when I started to play the piano. I was six years old. After a while I was more improvising than playing from the sheets. It made me always happy when you play something that never existed before...in theory... ;)
I compose, record, produce and mix music from different genres. All in all it's about designing the sound. So if you need help in terms of composition, production or mixing music – you can always contact me here. Don't forget to check out my blog as well!
• Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Logic Pro 9-10, Pro Tools 10-12, Studio One 3
• Notation Software: Sibelius 6-7, Notion 6, MuseScore 2
• Virtual Software Instruments (VSTs): Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 12, u-he, Air Music Technology, UVI, Impact Soundworks, Spitfire Audio, 8Dio, ProjectSam, Heavyocity
• Audio Plugins: FabFilter, Softube, D16, Tokyo Dawn Labs, Wavesfactory, Zynaptiq, iZotope, BrainWorx
• Hardware: AKG, Scheps, Sennheiser, Sony, Oktava, DigiCo, Solid State Logic (SSL), Sound Devices, Zoom, Allen & Heath, Soundcraft
Although my name is Alexey, it used to be written as Alexej, so I decided to take out some letters to create my screen name JLX. Because I compose not only soundtracks but as well electronic music, I find it easier for me to have a kind of an artist name when I combine different styles of music – as well for music publishing reasons. So jlx_music is about composition, music production, sound design and of course mixing, otherwise it will sound like something which you won't listen twice or on "repeat"... ;)